Meet The Founder
Steven R. Smith, JD, CFP®
Founder and principal of RightPath Investments and Financial Planning, Inc., Steve has worked with professionals, families, and business owners to plan successfully for their future for more than two decades. In addition to his financial planning expertise, Steve has accumulated extensive experience that enriches his financial services:
- practiced as an attorney focusing on business and commercial matters, estate planning, succession planning and probate;
- started, operated and sold his own businesses; and
- acted as a professional fiduciary including asset management and disposition, portfolio management, accounting and tax preparation.
By helping to educate you on your financial options and how they relate to your financial lifestyle,
Steve designed RightPath™ Investments & Financial Planning to put you in control. He also places a strong emphasis on on-going expert advice, guidance and review. That way, both you and RightPath understand your continuing—and changing—needs. Steve also believes that, over time, that “educate and review” approach helps you to gain confidence in your decision-making and trust in RightPath’s
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® certificant, Steve graduated from Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania with a BA in economics. He received his JD from the University of Maine
School of Law. He also has held NASD Series 6 and 63 licenses and is a member of the Bars of Maine, Massachusetts, and Colorado. He is dedicated to helping RightPath Investment clients in the following ways:
- Helping to get your finances truly organized: discerning and prioritizing your values and goals, then incorporating them into your strategies.
- Acting as a “point person” for investments, business and tax planning, income harvesting, risk management, transitions, estates, and philanthropy.
- Providing expert advice, guidance, and review as an experienced, fee-only fiduciary who is legally bound to place your interests first and who does not sell products or receive commissions.
- Giving you a realistic perspective on your financial goals and helping you meet them through a workable, consistent investment philosophy, positive discipline, and proactive financial plan.
For over 25 years, RightPath founder and principal Steven R. Smith, JD, CFP® has worked with professionals, families, business owners, and in the community as a board member of numerous non-profits. He looks forward to helping you with your wealth management needs.
CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® and are certification marks owned by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. These marks are awarded to individuals who successfully complete the CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.