A relationship with a financial advisor is built on trust. And, even if your best friend or brother-in-law (maybe in spite of your brother-in-law) recommended your advisor, that trust can only be created over time working together. Even so, it is nice to know where someone stands at the outset. At RightPath, we believe that every prospect and client has the right to know exactly what we think our responsibilities are to them. That kind of transparency is simply the respectful way to engage. So, here is our pledge to our clients:
- Your interests always come first.
- We pledge to always communicate openly and transparently about your investments and your wealth management, including issues such as opportunities and risks, various options, and our assessment of decisions that you should be making. That also means we will listen and get to know you.
- We adhere to the highest standards of ethical behavior and respect.
- We apply fiduciary standards to our duty towards you and your accounts, acting as a fee-only advisor without specific allegiances to external products or services.
- Our primary goal is to help you achieve the financial lifestyle we define together.
- We are available to you during business hours to answer your questions, discuss your needs and provide referrals.
- We strive to continually balance service and costs, aiming for the highest levels of investment performance and service at the best possible costs, both in terms of investment vehicles and our fees.
- We employ sophisticated technology, regular schedules, and basic common sense to protect your assets and your information.
- We will monitor no only your accounts, but outside services that impact the aspects of your financial lifestyle with which you have entrusted us.
- We invest our own assets in a manner consistent with the advice that we give to you.
At the same time, there are steps you can take as a client that make for the best relationship with RightPath, and the best results in your wealth management efforts.
- Openly communicate with your advisor your thoughts, aspirations, fears, and perceptions about your financial lifestyle and your investments.
- Be willing to stick to a plan once it is in place. If you are having trouble doing so, communicate your concerns to your advisor.
- Be mindful that you are granting us permission to coach you in the areas discussed (e.g., wealth management, financial planning or lifestyle, or investment management) and be willing to hear our recommendations openly.
- Remember that markets fluctuate and we do not control them.
- Try to let go of some of the worry; that’s why you hired us.